17th Nov 21 - 18th Nov 21
BuilSys 2021 - The 8th ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments
BUILDSYS 2021 - Call for workshops
The BuildSys 2021 Workshops will likely be co-located with the ACM SenSys 2021 Workshops, but the exact dates are to be determined. We plan to have both an online presence and a physical presence in Coimbra, Portugal. This plan may change subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
You are invited to submit a workshop proposal to the Workshop co-Chairs, which should contain the following information:
• 1) Administrative Details
• a. Workshop title
• b. Main contact details
• c. Workshop organizers (including contact details)
• d. Intention for a half-day or full-day workshop
• 2) Workshop Details
• a. Workshop theme
• b. Suitability to BuildSys audience
• c. Draft call for papers
• d. A tentative list of TPC members
• 3) Projections and History
• a. Expected number of submitted/accepted papers, papers sessions, keynotes, panels, etc.
• b. If appropriate, a description of the history of the workshop, including the number of submitted/accepted papers, the number of attendees, the format, etc.
• c. If the same (or similar) workshop was held in the past at an ACM BuildSys conference, the number of participants each year
Decisions to accept/reject workshop proposals will be made by the Workshops Co-Chairs in consultation with the Conference and Program Chair based on the overall quality and compatibility with the ACM BuildSys 2021 program.
The organizers of accepted workshops will be responsible for their own publicity (e.g. website and call for papers) as well as the reviewing and paper selection process. For the ACM BuildSys proceedings publication they need to comply with publication guidelines and timing of the conference.
They will be required to cooperate closely with the Workshops Co-Chairs and the ACM BuildSys 2021 local organizers to finalize all organizational details. Workshop registrations and payments will be made via the Conference registration system, and payments to the facilities will thus be taken care of by the local BuildSys organizers. In particular, local organizers may require that all workshops adhere to specific requirements regarding the general timetable, registration, and catering.
• Proposal submission deadline: June 10th, 2021
• Acceptance Notification: June 18th, 2021
Please email a PDF of your proposal to both:
Bharathan Balaji (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sid Chi-Kin Chau (email@example.com)
Please use the email subject as: BuildSys 2021 Workshop Proposal. Only complete proposals with all required information will be considered.